Recently, with Jahed Abedi and Hannah Dykaar, we found gravitational wave signatures for quantum gravity effects near black hole horizons. If you’d like to hear more about this, and you’re in Waterloo, come to my seminar tomorrow:
Our original paper can be found here, with additional press coverage (in various languages):
- Echoes of a Black Hole (Aeon, Mar. 2017)
- Rätselhaftes Echo aus Schwarzem Loch (Austrian Broadcasting Corporation, Jan. 2017)
- Einstein’s Theory of Relativity is 100 Years Old, But May Not Last (Inverse.COM, Dec. 2016)
- پژواکی از مغاک: شواهدی از ساختارهایی به اندازه پلانک در افق سیاهچاله ,آذر ۱۳۹۵
- Echoes from the Abyss (One Universe at a Time, Dec. 2016)
- LIGO black hole echoes hint at general-relativity breakdown (Nature News, Dec. 2016)
- Has LIGO Already Discovered Evidence For Quantum Gravity? (Forbes.COM, Dec. 2016)
In a second paper, which just appeared on arXiv, we clarify some of the misunderstandings about our finding.
One thought on “Can you hear the echoes from the abyss? If not, come to my talk!”
[…] a post last year, I talked about our search for “echoes from the abyss” with Jahed Abedi and Hannah […]
Comments are closed.